Stuffed Zucchini Flowers

My dream last night took me back to last summer - a beautiful day with my dad in the garden. We were cutting down my cherry tree, harvesting rainbow carrots and zucchini.


Then we made stuffed zucchini flowers, here's my vague memory of the recipe I came up with:

Stuffing
grilled zucchini
capers
silken tofu
chives
parsley
garlic
olive oil
salt
pepper

Chop the vegetables, capers and herbs finely and mix with tofu and oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Stuff the flowers.
Make a twist at the top to close the flower. 
Like this:
Batter:
wheat flour
baking powder
salt
beer

Mix the batter - heat up oil, dip the flowers and deep fry. Be careful!
Serve immediately, with a slice of lemon. Crisp on the outside, soft on the inside - yum :D

Come summer and zucchini flowers I will review.

1 comment: